What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files, which are stored on the device (e.g. a computer, tablet, or phone) of the user when they visit websites. This means that the browser will read the previously saved cookie the next time the website is visited and will send information back to the website that installed the cookie. Cookies will not harm the computer of the visitor in any way. For more information about cookies, visit www.aki.ee/et/küpsised.
For example, cookies help us to determine whether a visitor is new to our site or if they have visited the site before.
Types of cookies:
- Temporary i.e. session cookies – cookies that are deleted by the computer upon closing the website.
- Permanent cookies – cookies that are stored on the computer of the user upon closing the website.
This website uses three types of cookies.
- Analytical cookies that collect information on how the website is used.
- Authentication cookies that enable the website to record the choices made by the user (e.g. language preferences).
- Advertising cookies that websites use to display advertising that target the interests of the user. These cookies regulate how many times an advertisement is displayed to the user and at the same time help to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Refusing cookies does not limit the user from using any functions of the website.